Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Walking with Him

Well, they tell us it is Spring, but I do think someone forgot to tell the weather in Indiana!  We got 3 inches of snow at our house between Monday night and Tuesday morning.  I was not very happy about it, as we have had a rough winter here already. That is one reason why I have not written in a while, it's been really hard on my health.

There is still snow on the ground, but at least the sun is shining!  We've had a few warm days the past couple of weeks. On those days, I took the opportunity to get out for a walk around our neighborhood. Once, my husband was able to go with me. Another time when he was not available, I asked some of my granddaughters, who live near me, but they were not interested.  I was continuing on my walk and feeling kind of sorry for myself that I was having to walk alone. Then God reminded me that I was never alone. He was always walking with me!

Immediately with the thought that God was always walking with me, along came a little melody and some cheerful words that I'd like to share with you today.

My Lord is walking with me;
I know He's walking with me.
The path that He makes,
In faith I will take.
He's walking with me!
Though skies be sunny or dark,
I feel Him down in my heart.
I know He's walking with me;
My Lord is walking with me.

Let me tell you that the rest of my walk was a lot more enjoyable than the beginning of it.  I was singing my little melody, and it put a spring in my step! Those of you who know me well, know that the "spring" in my step was most likely all in my mind.  It shows me how our mental attitude about what is going on in our life affects how much we enjoy our life. 

At the beginning of my walk, with every step I was thinking about lonely I was, and how I wished someone was walking with me. But the last half of my walk, I was thinking about how good God was to be with me always. About how He never leaves me all alone.  The day seemed brighter, I enjoyed the birds and the bits of green I saw here and there.  Were the birds chirping and hopping around at the beginning of my walk? Probably, but I didn't notice them because I was too engrossed in my own little pity party. When we become self-centered, we only see the negative. We miss all the wonderful things our Father has done for us.

 I am glad my heart was "tuned" to God's channel that afternoon. Otherwise, I would have had a miserable walk, missed out on all the pretty things there, and I would not have a cheerful little chorus to sing as I walk.  

My friend, if you don't know that you have God to walk with you every day you will not be able to enjoy life the way He meant for it to be enjoyed. Take time to seek Him! Start by reading from the Bible. John 3:16 is probably the most famous verse in the Bible. It simply tells us that God loves mankind (and that means you, too) so much that He gave His only Son, Jesus, to die on the cross to pay for our sins. He had no sins of His own to pay for, but He became the sacrificial Lamb of God to make atonement for our sins.

I can think of no better time than at the season of Passover and Easter for you to accept Jesus as your own personal Saviour. If you have realized that:
  1.  you are a sinful creature, the Bible tells us in Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. And in verse 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
  2.  and that sinners are condemned to spend eternity in Hell with no other way to pay for their sins, Romans 6:23a For the wages of sin is death; (this word death is not about physical death, but spiritual death, where your soul will spend eternity in Hell)
  3. Jesus loves you so much that He has already paid the penalty for your sin, when He gave Himself to die on the cross, was buried in the tomb, and rose from the dead after 3 days, Hallelujah! Romans 6:23b but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  A gift is free to the recipient, but the cost of the gift is paid by the giver. If someone buys you a birthday gift, they don't give you a bill for the gift when you receive it. They paid for it, and you receive it.  God's gift is exactly the same way.  He paid for it, and you can receive it.  
  4. He's waiting right now for you to receive His gift of eternal life: If you understand and believe what I have explained so far, then you are ready for the next step. Romans 10: 9 and 13  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved....For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  
  5. Believe and Receive. It's not enough to just believe there is a God. You must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, who died for your sins, and arose from the dead.  If you believe that, then tell God that you want to accept Jesus as your Saviour, the payment for your sin, and receive His Gift of eternal life and a guaranteed home in Heaven one day.  The Bible says in John 3:36a He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life... How many gifts do you ever receive that are everlasting?  Only this one, my friend.  It will never break, wear out, or get lost. When God says it is everlasting, that is one guarantee you can count on!
If you read my explanation of God's most wonderful gift, and made the decision today to receive it, please leave me a comment so I will know.



No comments:

Post a Comment